- 4 cups dry pinto or red kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mashed garlic
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, cut into four parts
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 10 cubes pumpkin squash
- 1 tablespoon Pisqueya Smoky Hot
1. Soak the beans overnight to soften.
2. Remove the beans from soaking water and boil in fresh water until very soft (May take up to an hour).
3. Soft beans should have 2 inches of water on top (Add fresh water if necessary).
4. Stir in garlic, oregano, onion, celery, salt, pepper and bring water to a boil.
5. Add pumpkin squash
6. In a separate saucepan, mix tomato paste with 1 or 2 tablespoon of water to dissolve and then add to the beans.
7. Add cilantro and Pisqueya Smoky Hot.
8. Cook until you achieve desired consistency.
9. Remove the chunks of onion and stray twigs from herbs.