Medium Buzz Vegetable Rice
For the rice:
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 cup veg stock, reduced sodium
- 1/2 tbsp Pisqueya Adobo
For the rest:
- 1 bunch (about 2 cups) thin asparagus*, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 tbsp Medium Buzz Hot Sauce, or more/less to taste
- 1/2 tbsp Adobo
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- few tbsp chopped cilantro
- green onion, as much as you’d like
*If using thicker spears, cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a saucepan, bring rice to a boil, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Fluff it up with a fork and set aside.
- In a sauté pan under medium heat, drizzle olive oil, add in your asparagus, Adobo, and Medium Buzz Hot Sauce. Sauté til tender, about 2-4 minutes. Stir in your peas for about a minute til thawed, add in the grated carrot, then toss in that rice. After about a minute you can turn off the heat and add in everything else! Simple.